Look, let me be straight. I’m a dad. I’m the Prime Minister, but I’m also a dad. And I’ve got a seven year-old son.
Yes. I’m just like you. Well, not really like you. I’m the PM. I’m rich and have influential friends. But I’m a dad first and foremost. And a role model to my son and others. Not your son, maybe, but a role model. And I take that responsibility very seriously. I don’t bite people.
Look, I love watching football. My son loves watching football. I’m a role model. Luis Suarez is a role model. Biting is not what role models do. Politicians don’t bite politicians and footballers should not bite footballers. My son didn’t start noshing on me after the game and I didn’t start chewing on George. But I’m right nevertheless.
I’m a dad and a politician and a role model and it’s serious. I’m trying to bring up my son properly and seeing one footballer bite another does not help.
Yes. It’s tough bringing a son up, especially when you don’t know if he’s going to bite someone or not. He needs a better role model than that. Someone who says you don’t need to bite someone to do well.
Someone like me, for example.
- R is for Role Models (danielshepard83.wordpress.com)
- My Role Model-My Father (joshuabroom.wordpress.com)
- The Edit Feature: Who Should We Look Up To? (theeditgcu.wordpress.com)
- Role Model (makebpdstigmafree.wordpress.com)
- PM: Authorities must consider Suarez ‘role model’ status (itv.com)
- Luis Suarez bite: David Cameron says Liverpool striker set “appalling example” to youngsters with Branislav Ivanovic incident (mirror.co.uk)
- Suarez charged with violent conduct (realblazeconceptsblog.wordpress.com)
- Chomping At The Bit: Putting Luis Suarez And His Biting Shame Into Perspective (opinionminionuk.wordpress.com)